Sunday 13 June 2010

Bloggiesta Conclusions

chop darker blue chop pink chop

Now that Bloggiesta has come to an end, I am looking back over my little fledgling blog and seeing what I have achieved so far. I think ironically I have done less blogging this weekend then I did for all the others!

The Book Coop was born on the 29th May, 2010, inspired by Allison from The Allure of Books who I know from Goodreads. I jumped on the blog-wagon and here I am sixteen days later.

It’s a little difficult to try and look back with any perspective at the moment, with only 22 blog posts.

However, before I get lost in a myriad of  confusion, I should probably look back and think ‘where do I want to go, what do I want this blog to be?’

What is The Book Coop?

  • It is my life through reading. My journey through books. It is not about me as a person, but me as a person might shine through the books I read and the things I write here.
  • It is about my books and the books I want to read (or my friends want me to read).
  • I might offer a giveaway one day but it’ll be a rare occasion and I’m not planning one any time soon. Sorry.
  • It may also contain other things – music, films, TV programmes especially if they are related to books!

What do I want to improve in the long term?

  • I actually quite like the design, but I’d like it to be more personalised, but that might be for another day. Maybe after a year I’ll think about it. At least I have my little owls. I don’t think it’s too cluttered but that blog roll is rather long.
  • Come up with a good review structure rather then writing the first load of jumbled thoughts that come into my head.
  • Plan my posts more, learn how to proof read and edit. Stop being in such a hurry.
  • Be concise, stop rambling for thousands of words when I could just say what I have to say in 500.
  • Come up with interesting things to talk about, not just book reviews and memes (good as they are) something of my own.
  • My tags. They’re kinda all over the place and that’s only after 22 blog posts!
  • Build up relationships between my blog and others to create a community so it isn’t just little me sounding off into space.
  • Kill writer’s block.

There isn’t anything too specific. I’m still finding my voice, my style and I still haven’t really figured this whole blogging thing out yet. I’m getting there though, I’m getting there…

My accomplishments over the weekend amount to:

1. Favicon established.

2. A long winded, babbling explanation of star ratings that probably needs to be shortened. Maybe next Bloggiesta.

3. Wrote one negative review for a popular book.

4. Wrote some posts for later, half wrote a few others.

5. Came up with ideas I haven’t written yet but may write later.

6. Analysed blog so far.

7. Finished Uncle Tom, wrote a review, started a new book.

5 comments:

  1. You look like you got a ton done over the weekend! I'm a new follower, and I absolutely love the look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carina - it doesn't feel like I got a lot done. I think I was working quite hard at it before Bloggiesta and that it's quite new...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're off to an awesome start! I love your blog--the way it looks and your reviews. I hope you had fun doing the Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you just started blogging? Great job! You did get a lot done, be proud. Keep a list for next Bloggiesta, that's what I do when I find something I want to do but don't have time to do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just wanted to let you know there's an award waiting for you at Kate's Library!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails