Tuesday 1 June 2010

Teaser Tuesday and w.bloggar

It's Teaser Tuesday! Hosted by MizB of Should be Reading
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! My teaser:
Down he fell into the chasm, crackling down among trees, bushes, logs, loose stones till he lay, bruised and growning, thirty feet below. The fall might have killed him, had it not been broken and moderated by his clothes catching in the branches of a large tree; but he came down with some force, however, - more then was at all agreeable or convienient.
Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe

I'm only fifty pages in since starting this yesterday, but it's written quite well in that the characters feel real and the plot is going somewhere. I don't know how much more I'm going to read today as I've only had three hours sleep every night for about a week and currently feeling rubbish because of it.

On a side note I am testing out another one of these blog editors: w.bloggar which I'm not entirely sure about yet. I'm not sure when I publish how this will turn out. Anyway we shall see, shan't we? It's very flat and plain and I imagine it is more useful if you're good with html, which I am not. Rather then typing into a window where you have automatic formatting, everything is in HTML so for me, it isn't easy to see how it will look when published as I type. However I wouldn't say that it is hard to use. So we'll see how this turns out.

5 comments:

  1. One of my all time favourite books. Great teaser choice. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesdays-making-of-duchess.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how Stowe spelled growning! I remember liking this book very much. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A favorite over here, too. Though I've cried my eyes out every time I've read it. Good luck, and great teaser!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe was that Stowe or my bad typing skills hehe... hmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, check my blog! I gave you an award – http://thenextbestbookblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-won-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails