Now that Bloggiesta has come to an end, I am looking back over my little fledgling blog and seeing what I have achieved so far. I think ironically I have done less blogging this weekend then I did for all the others!
The Book Coop was born on the 29th May, 2010, inspired by Allison from The Allure of Books who I know from Goodreads. I jumped on the blog-wagon and here I am sixteen days later.
It’s a little difficult to try and look back with any perspective at the moment, with only 22 blog posts.
However, before I get lost in a myriad of confusion, I should probably look back and think ‘where do I want to go, what do I want this blog to be?’
What is The Book Coop?
- It is my life through reading. My journey through books. It is not about me as a person, but me as a person might shine through the books I read and the things I write here.
- It is about my books and the books I want to read (or my friends want me to read).
- I might offer a giveaway one day but it’ll be a rare occasion and I’m not planning one any time soon. Sorry.
- It may also contain other things – music, films, TV programmes especially if they are related to books!
What do I want to improve in the long term?
- I actually quite like the design, but I’d like it to be more personalised, but that might be for another day. Maybe after a year I’ll think about it. At least I have my little owls. I don’t think it’s too cluttered but that blog roll is rather long.
- Come up with a good review structure rather then writing the first load of jumbled thoughts that come into my head.
- Plan my posts more, learn how to proof read and edit. Stop being in such a hurry.
- Be concise, stop rambling for thousands of words when I could just say what I have to say in 500.
- Come up with interesting things to talk about, not just book reviews and memes (good as they are) something of my own.
- My tags. They’re kinda all over the place and that’s only after 22 blog posts!
- Build up relationships between my blog and others to create a community so it isn’t just little me sounding off into space.
- Kill writer’s block.
There isn’t anything too specific. I’m still finding my voice, my style and I still haven’t really figured this whole blogging thing out yet. I’m getting there though, I’m getting there…
My accomplishments over the weekend amount to:
1. Favicon established.
2. A long winded, babbling explanation of star ratings that probably needs to be shortened. Maybe next Bloggiesta.
3. Wrote one negative review for a popular book.
4. Wrote some posts for later, half wrote a few others.
5. Came up with ideas I haven’t written yet but may write later.
6. Analysed blog so far.
7. Finished Uncle Tom, wrote a review, started a new book.